People change their painful feelings into anger because it feels better to be angry than to be in pain.
It’s normal to get angry but it’s not normal when you get angry for every single thing. Sometimes it’s good to vent out all our anger by screaming or by crying. It’s not bad if you cry at all. It’ll calm you down and make your mind peaceful.
Some people have a gift from God. They can control themselves in almost every kinda situation. Whereas there are people I see in everyday life, some of them have anger issues. And the cause for that anger can be many things. Jealousy is one of them which is common in many people. It’s okay to admire someone who’s better than you in some things but it’s not okay to be jealous about it. It’s just so childish. Jealousy can lead you to hate the person which is not exactly HATE, but more like ADMIRE. (Haters are secret admirers wanting to be you — by Paulo Coelho)
This HATE will get you nowhere in your life. You’ll just become a loner and none of your friends will be around when you need them.
People need to control their anger before it controls them. Because eventually, you’ll start thinking too much about the situation that made you angry. And your mind won’t stop there. It’ll force you to make some decisions that you’re definitely gonna regret later. Don’t ever make decisions when you’re angry. It’s just the heat of the moment. You do whatever that comes to your mind and don’t even think about it once. Totally out of control.
There are many other reasons that can cause Anger. Like, when you’re not feeling happy or you’re having a bad day, even silly things can make you feel angry. And when you keep thinking about your personal problems, everything around you seems like nothing. You’ll just feel angry at whoever talks to you and you start having negative feelings on everyone around you.
Everybody has their trigger points which make them feel angry. Some people can’t take a joke, some don’t like sarcasm, some don’t like when other people are smarter than them.. etc, etc.,
There are some ways that stop you from feeling angry. But you have to be doing these regularly to see some good results. For example:
- Watch or listen to something funny. Laughter relaxes your body and it distracts your brain from angry emotions you’re feeling and help you feel better.
- Shift your focus to something that you feel thankful for in your life.
- Listen to some soothing music and take a walk for 10 mins. Or maybe just sit down in a peaceful place.
- Break/Destroy things. And chose the ones which are not too expensive! Till now I broke 6–7 laptop mouses. And also a watch which was too old.
- Talk to someone close. Like your best buddies. They’re better than your family at these kinda situations.
- Order your favourite food online and eat like your life depends on it.
- Meditation, taking deep breaths, blablabla… these never work for me though.
Learn to control your anger and soon you’ll start thinking positive with a peaceful mind, no frustration, no negativity, no jealousy, nothing. Everything will be under your control. Now, isn’t that a good thing ??